Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Final Reflection

This term of oil painting has been wonderful. Our 3 big paintings were all very unique, each one magnified a specific thing to work on. In the White Objects painting, we were learning about accurate shapes, color, and value. In the next painting we were to focus on texture and value and on the third painting we focused on mood. As the term progressed my skills as a painter improved greatly. During the first painting i struggled with accurate colors, using way to much blue when the entire painting was supposed to be white. In my second painting, things seemed to come much easier. I had some trouble with small details but nothing huge. In my last painting, no huge problems at all came to my attentions, coming to the conclusion that i progressed throughout the term. Oil painting was one of my favorite classes this term and I am so sad it is over. I cant wait to take oil painting at Parson's Pre-College Academy this summer.

No comments: